Adults shouldn’t drink milk??!!!
But aren’t we taught from our childhood in school, house, or anywhere we go that we must not quit drinking milk throughout our lives?
Well, this thing is true in our growing years but not so much after we become adults.
Let’s find out why!!
Why adults shouldn’t drink milk?
There’s no denying the fact that milk has a lot of good nutrients in it like protein, calcium, magnesium, vitamins, etc. And with these nutrients, it is very beneficial for our health too. But, this milk also contains some unwanted sugars like lactose and hormones, injected into cows for better production of milk, which cause some problems, particularly for adults. Here are some of them –
- Lactose intolerance – I think this is one of the biggest concerns for adults drinking milk. You see, this lactose is a milk sugar that is not easily digestible by the human body. We have to produce lactase for that in our body and as we grow older, our bodies find it more and more difficult to produce this enzyme. And when you can’t digest lactose, you will deal with a lot of problems like stomach pain, bloating, diarrhea, nausea etc.
- You could weaken bones – According to this study, bone fractures in older adults, due to osteoporosis are highest in areas that consume more dairy, animal protein, and calcium.
- Increased risk of prostate cancer – This point can’t be directly linked with milk, but it can be indirectly. If you drink more than 2 glasses of milk in your daily diet, then excess calcium from both milk and other foods in your diet may increase the risk of this cancer.
- More acne – This study found that teenagers with acne were drinking higher amounts of low fat or skim milk. However, more research is to be done in this area.
Well, if you are young, you can keep enjoying your daily milk.
But if you’re an adult, please try to avoid milk more than a glass a day. It would be ideal to drink only 1 glass but if you’re drinking more, then you would be welcoming many problems ahead.
So, what to do if you want to drink more milk in a day and you’re an adult?
Well, you can try some alternatives like –
- Organic milk free from cow hormones
- Coconut milk
- Almond milk
- Soy milk
- Oat milk