First of all, let me clear you guys that what do I mean by “macronutrients”
So, “macronutrients” is a name given to the type of nutrients that our body uses the most !! The meaning of this can be derived easily by its words itself. ‘Macro’ which means large or thick ( quantity) and nutrients which are the substances that provide us with the nourishment essential for growth and maintenance of our bodies.
Now, that we have known about these macronutrients, let’s jump into our question again !!!
What makes fiber so important ?
See, fibre is a type of carbohydrate which takes a lot of time to digest by our stomachs.
The reason why ” It is what it is! ” is becuase of its complex molecular structure . As a result, our body takes a lot of time to break down fiber due to these complex molecular structures.
But this tendency of fiber to take more and more time to digest actually makes it the most important macronutrient. Becuase of this “tendency”, these fibers actually work a lot towards helping us maintain a good general health and also become our most lethal weapon against the fat stored in our body. ( Although this fiber can be helpful in weight loss only if one has full info about it.)
Let’s see some fiber rich foods which you can eat to avail the benefits of fiber !
- Whole grains
- Dry fruits
What benefits are there of this “tendency” ?
Well, there are plenty of them but here I will only list out the major ones-
- Helps in weight loss – To avail this benefit, one has to consume the fibers smartly and not foolishly. If you think that if you eat fiber rich foods and you will magically lose weight, then unfortunately, you fall into the “foolish” category. If you want to to fall under the “smart” category, you must do other things , alongside eating fiber-rich foods, like counting calories, staying in calorie deficit, drinking more than 2 litres of water daily etc. (To get full info, click “weight loss“.)
- Helps in increasing gut-friendly microbes – Nowdays, many surveys have proven this point that high-fiber diet can seriously change the health of your gut. Here is one study if you want to go through –
- Helps in reducing carbon-footprint – This may sound weird but this is actually true !! See if you eat fiber-rich food, then you will tend to eat less food. And if you eat less, then you will tend to buy less items in your next groceries’ tour. As a result, we will have less carbon-footprint.
- Help in good bowel movement
- Helps in lowering cholestrol levels
- Helps in living longer
And the list of its benefits does not ends here, it goes on and on….
I think now you may have got the idea of the importance of fiber. I suggest, you will now start adding more and more fiber in your diets. Start slowly by increasing your fruits intake and eating cerelas in breakfasts rather than oily food. You will surely achieve good health levels. GOOD LUCK !!
Visit the post below to know more about weight loss