So, you’re not losing weight !!
Even with all your efforts, you’re not just not doing it. But have you ever thought that you may have gone wrong even with the basics of weight loss?
Many people usually go wrong with the fundamentals while doing weight loss.
They think that by “eating this” or “drinking that I will reduce fat”, or “by going for morning walks, I will lose weight” or “by drinking lemon tea or black tea, I will lose weight”.
There are so many rumors and myths on this topic of weight loss that people believe to be true. And when they don’t get results by following these myths, they lose hope and give up on their dream physique which would have been possible had they learned genuine info.
So now let’s discuss where you may have gone wrong while doing weight loss
Here’s maybe why you’re not losing weight –
I am going to discuss only a few major problems. I know that there are actually a lot more reasons why you’re not losing weight. But I think the following are some of the major ones –
- You’re only focusing on exercise – I have observed that most of the time, this is the point where people go wrong. That is, only focusing on exercise and not your diet. You see, weight loss involves many factors and if you lack effort in any of them, you will never achieve your dream physique even though you might lose 2-3 kgs. And diet is an aspect of weight loss, which is very important. So if you miss this aspect, then how on earth do you think someone can do weight loss.
- You’re not being hydrated – I think this thing is second in the “most followed mistake”. Water is a very underrated aspect of weight loss. Many people think that water intake doesn’t matter. But in reality, it does, and to a great extent. New research suggests that water can suppress your appetite, boost your metabolism and also help in exercise. And all these things which water is capable of, are actually the things which do matter in weight loss. So, please ensure that you’re taking at least 2 liters of water every day. Although, you may require more when doing weight loss. In one 12-week weight loss study, people who drank half a liter of water 30 minutes before meals lost 44% more weight than those who did not.
- You’re not emphasizing rest – This is yet another factor of weight loss, that people take lightly. They would do all the things correctly but then would go wrong with this one. This article sums up this point perfectly! – “Too little sleep triggers a cortisol spike. This stress hormone signals your body to conserve energy to fuel your waking hours.” This simply means that you are more likely to store that fat. And when this event repeats regularly, it leads to either no weight loss or worse, weight gain!!
- You’re not measuring your calories – You see, weight loss is a simple game of calories. You just have to consume your net calories below your maintenance calories. But if you don’t measure your calories, then there is a high chance that you will consume more calories than these maintenance calories. Thus not losing weight, but the exact opposite !!
- You’re not patient enough – Many times, this happens to a big chunk of people. They just aren’t patient !!!! Even though they might be losing weight but when they look at their mirrors after only a few days, they get disappointed. Thinking that they have not made any progress. As a result, quitting their weight loss journey. You see, the rate of weight loss depends on a lot of things. But on average, you may take at least 1 week to lose 1-2 kgs of weight. But this would happen only if following all the necessary things required for weight loss.
Now, you may be thinking
“Then how the hell can I do weight loss?!?! I have tried everything”
Well, I am here to help. You can read the below article which explains all the points required for weight loss –